How To Clean, Care For, And Store Your Mat
Brand new to Gathre? Been here since day one? Here's a handy guide on how to clean, care for, and store your mat.
- Spot treat with a paper towel, cleaning wipe, or wet rag.
- Use a gentle cleaner (we love Mrs. Meyer's). Baby oil and rubbing alcohol can be used on tougher messes, but may affect printed mats, so be sure to test a spot before using.
- Visit our Gathre Round Facebook group for more cleaning tips and tricks!
- Machine wash.
- Worry about cleaning the bottom of your bonded mat - it's meant for heavy wear. If you do want to clean the bottom, you can spot treat with a damp rag.
- Feel free to get your mat wet. Hose it down, rinse it in the ocean, give it a good soak.
- Release wrinkles by laying mat flat in the sun, by steaming the underside, or by throwing in the dryer on medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Be careful with scissors, as they can puncture your mat.
- Be careful with sunscreens, as they may leave oil stains.
- Put your mat away while wet. Make sure to let your mat dry all the way before storing so it doesn't mold!
- Use an iron on your mat.
- Use acrylic paints, oil paints, ball point pens, markers, or anything with heavy dye in it. Watercolors may also stain printed mats, so use them with caution.
- Keep your mat on a hook for easy access and less wrinkles.
- Tote it everywhere in our leather carrier.
- Fold or roll it up compactly in a purse, backpack, or stroller.
- Feel like you have to put your mat away! Display it in a basket, on a shelf, or even a coffee table, as part of your home decor.
- Forget to keep one in your car for any unexpected adventures and/or messes.
- Think there's any 'wrong' way to use your mat!